Latest topics
» Short Film - Inspirational Sikh Training
Soy Protein EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 9:40 am by sunny_inspiration

» anybody out there?
Soy Protein EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 8:20 pm by mrsgupt44

» Canuck 2012 - Elite Fitness Journal
Soy Protein EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:44 pm by Canuck Singh

» hSingh - Training Journal
Soy Protein EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 2:00 am by hSingh

» Dark bags under eyes
Soy Protein EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:15 am by hSingh

» Canucks Journal - I Believe
Soy Protein EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 5:49 pm by Canuck Singh

» Are you happy?
Soy Protein EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 10:58 pm by Canuck Singh

» 5 Quick Ways to boost testosterone
Soy Protein EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 10:53 pm by Canuck Singh

» How many weeks to see muscle growth?
Soy Protein EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 10:50 pm by Canuck Singh

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of Sikh Inspired Health on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Sikh Inspired Health on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds


Soy Protein

Go down

Soy Protein Empty Soy Protein

Post by hSingh on Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:14 pm

A recent research conference up in LA, a few major manufacturers from the natural foods industry were there making presentations. One of the major points they continually hit on is the expanding Soy Protein market, and the barriers to entry due to misinformation.

A ton of studies that have been done that show absolutely no affect in testosterone or estrogen levels in males or females when using a Soy Protein Isolate. The studies were done against Whey Isolates, Soy, and a placebo, and the results that came back in terms of testosterone and estrogen levels were all exactly the same with no variations in any of the groups.

They also discussed the apprehension in females considering Soy proteins due to potential carcinogens leading to breast cancer. There have been no studies that have shown any sort of conclusive results in humans whatsoever that link Soy protein to breast cancer; a few studies that were conducted in pharmaceutical laboratories with lab animals were the basis for these conclusions, but the amount of material introduced into the test subjects far exceeded the highest level of human consumption for the material.

Soy protein is a cheaper, ecologically sound, and now a widely available dairy alternative, with an amino profile that is easily comparable to whey proteins. Only 5% of the current supply of Soy products is used for human consumption; the other 95% of the material is being used as animal feed. With the growing costs and demands for dairy products, Soy will become increasingly more and more popular and widely used.


Posts : 137
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Calgary, AB, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum