Sikh Inspired Health
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Short Film - Inspirational Sikh Training
Nihaal 2010 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 9:40 am by sunny_inspiration

» anybody out there?
Nihaal 2010 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 8:20 pm by mrsgupt44

» Canuck 2012 - Elite Fitness Journal
Nihaal 2010 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:44 pm by Canuck Singh

» hSingh - Training Journal
Nihaal 2010 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 2:00 am by hSingh

» Dark bags under eyes
Nihaal 2010 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:15 am by hSingh

» Canucks Journal - I Believe
Nihaal 2010 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 5:49 pm by Canuck Singh

» Are you happy?
Nihaal 2010 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 10:58 pm by Canuck Singh

» 5 Quick Ways to boost testosterone
Nihaal 2010 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 10:53 pm by Canuck Singh

» How many weeks to see muscle growth?
Nihaal 2010 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 10:50 pm by Canuck Singh

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Sikh Inspired Health on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Sikh Inspired Health on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Nihaal 2010

Go down

Nihaal 2010 Empty Nihaal 2010

So last night my friend got me tickets to the Nihaal 2010 show at Massey Theatre in New Westminster BC.

It was a night full of laughs, serious skits about local and contemporary issues, and videos filled with humor.

The most poignant part of the night that stuck out in my mind though, was a speaker by the name of Gian Singh.

Bhai Gian Singh is one of the main proponents of Sikhi, working with the World Sikh Organization. He spoke
about the various deliberations and legal battles that the organization has fought to maintain the rights of Sikhs
in the Western Hemisphere. He did this with a prominent punjabi, often mixed with english, voice that was
full of wisdom as well as intelligence. I found myself hanging on to each word the more and more he spoke.

I was surprised that it was thanks to WSO and their work that we as Practicing Sikhs had the right to wear
Kirpan at the recent 2010 Vancouver Olympic Venues. It was through their work that we have the right
to speak about Spiritual Sovereignty. He mentioned this with a zest that was made ever more poignant
by his example about boiling water. Water boils if and only when the temperature has reached 100 deg celcius
or 212 farenheit. If we get to 99 degrees we fail to reach this critical threshold. We need to take action
today, now, and in order to move forward, take that extra leap, that nth degree into action.

We can do this by positive deliberations, talks, and education, education, education.

It was surprising to see so many young Sikh youths, and actors, displaying various shades and
personalities to our vibrant community in Vancouver. I hope efforts such as these at least
touch a few people, and drive people to live active, fulfilling lives.
Canuck Singh
Canuck Singh
Admin

https://sikhinspiredhealth.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum